Welcome to our new web site! We are doing our best to add information to the web site to assist you. Please bear with us as we do. In the meantime download a copy of our Community Service Directory. (PDF file - 5.1 megs)
The Human Services Coalition is comprised of consumers, agencies, professionals and citizens of Cayuga County. There is ongoing discussion concerning strategies for implementing improved systems of communication between service providers, the identification of barriers to the provision of services, and the assessment of community needs.
The Human Services Coalition is funded by a Community Development Block grant via the City of Auburn, Office of Planning and Economic Development; the United Way of Cayuga County; membership and project specific grant funding.
The mission of the Human Services Coalition of Cayuga County is to bring together human service providers, public and private organizations, and individuals to address the needs of the community through inter-agency coordination, information sharing and collaboration.
- Share information between agencies and throughout the community.
- Promote collaboration among organizations and within the community.
- Coordinate services that can benefit many agencies.
- Research community needs and make other needs assessment data available.
The Coalition facilitates collaboration and information sharing among members and the larger community, and provides:
- The Living in Cayuga County: A Community Directory published annually in The Citizen.
- HSC Website – directory, volunteer listings, needs assessment data.
- Grant Listings distribution.
- Newsletter and list serve.
- Coordinate seminars and presentations
The Coalition is a member organization of human services organizations and individuals who join for a modest membership fee: $40.00 - $100.00/organizations; $150.00-$250 for supporting member (add $25.00 for profit organizations) and $10.00/community member. The Coordinating Council is comprised of 15 members elected by the membership of the Coalition. Its monthly meetings are always open to the community.
Under the umbrella of the Coalition are several task groups. They include:
- Children and Families Task Group
- Adult and Community Task Group
- Elderly and Disabled Task Group
The task groups meet regularly with membership drawn from the community and agencies. Each task group has defined short-term and long-term goals involving information sharing and specific projects.
For further information contact Victoria Shepardson at:
The Human Services Coalition
17 E. Genesee Street, Suite 2
Auburn, NY 13021
Human Services Coalition is a United Way Agency