TAX COUNSELING FOR THE ELDERLY
Boyle Center, 149 Genesee St., Auburn NY 13021
Phone: (315) 255-1565 (during tax season)
Mission: To prepare tax returns for senior and low-income individuals.
Services: Free tax preparation service provided by AARP volunteers. Program serves low- and middle-income taxpayers with special attention to those ages 60 and older. Expertise in preparing returns that include pension income, stock sales, dividends, IRA disbursements, along with filing NYS Residential Credit (Form 214).
Volunteer Opportunities: Individuals to prepare and review tax returns are needed. Training provided in January.
Hours: February 1st thru mid-April on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00am – Noon by appointment (last appointment scheduled for 11:00am)
UNITED WAY OF CAYUGA COUNTY
17 E. Genesee St., Suite 302, Auburn, NY 13021
Phone: (315) 253-9741 ~ Fax: (315) 255-0119
E-mail: email@example.com ~ Website: www.unitedwayofcayugacounty.org
Karen Macier - Executive Director
Mission: To improve lives by mobilizing the caring power of our community. To do this we will (1) energize and inspire people to make a difference (2) identify needs within our community and bring together necessary resources to address them (3) increase funding to support positive and measurable results and (4) refl ect the diversity of the community we serve.
Services: Through the generosity of our community, the UWCC funds dozens of programs in four key impact areas – Education, Income, Health, and Safety Net. Annually, these programs improve the lives of thousands of individuals and families throughout Cayuga County. For more information on the United Way’s programs and services, please see our website.
The UWCC is uniquely positioned to identify critical issues in the community and partners and collaborates with other community entities to arrive at solutions that best meet these needs. Through our work with businesses, other partner organizations, and key community leaders, we remain focused on collective, purposeful action. Our established initiatives center on enabling people to build stronger futures for themselves and their families and include:
• 2-1-1 Lifeline – a 24/7 information and referral service
• Familywize – helping people save on the cost of their prescription medications
• Born Learning Academy – a series of six workshops aimed at giving families & caregivers’ practical ideas to turn everyday activities into learning moments. Casey Park elementary is our first academy
• EFSP (Emergency Food & Shelter Program) – this program that assists with food, shelter, and energy needs.
• CA$H/MyFreeTaxes – helping identify essential tax credits & income tax preparation helping families become financially self-sufficient
Volunteer Opportunities: The United Way of Cayuga County welcomes volunteers for service on our many committees.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 9:00am-4:30pm