Elderly & Disabled Task Group
The Elderly & Disabled Task Group comprises individuals and agency representatives concerned with the needs of the elderly and disabled of Cayuga County.
The task group:
- oversees the Sharing Your Wishes Project and the Falls Prevention Program “Step Up To Stop Falls”; both projects were initially funded by grants from the Health Foundation of Western and Central New York;
- identifies gaps in mental health services and encourages collaboration among agencies to problem solve;
- identifies gaps in services for individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease and gaps in services for their caregivers and encourages collaboration among agencies to problem solve;
- serves as part of the NYConnects: Long Term Care Council, hosting four meetings a year, at which the Council focuses specifically on the long-term care delivery system and improvements to the system;
- coordinates information sharing among service providers for the elderly and disabled, shares educational opportunities, particularly concerning older adult mental health and dementia concerns;
- identifies unmet needs among the elderly and disabled and encourages collaboration among agencies to problem solve.